Good evening everyone,
I hope you’ve all had a nice week.
For those who were able to attend the parent meeting this is intended as a brief recap of what we discussed at that meeting.
As always if anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out.
1. Mamma Mia Master Calendar through the end of February will be posted to Schoology and the La Salle Theater website.
2. There are a few vocal rehearsals this week and next week; however most of what we do with Mamma Mia will not start until after our winter show, Gifted closes the second weekend of February.
3. As per the audition and crew form informational packets, there is a $50 activity fee for all students who participate in the spring musical on stage or off. Because of such wonderful generosity from you during our Another Day of Sun Benefit before Christmas Break we have enough scholarship money to cover the activity fee of up to 25 students. Please let me know privately if the activity is a hardship so we can take care of that. We are so grateful for your generosity and our ability to make sure every student who wants to participate in the spring musical can. So thank you.
Before I move on to number 4 the activity fee is due no later then Monday, February 14, 2022. Checks can be made out to La Salle Theater [Spring Musical Activity Fee] and turned in to the front office.
4. I know this is old hat for those of you who have been around for a bit; students who choose to participate in the spring musical are expected to commit to regular attendance. As per the informational packet students are allowed a maximum of 3 unexcused absences before we have conversations about replacing them in the show. And unexcused absence is when a student, for a non-medical emergency, is not present for a scheduled rehearsal and there has been either no communication or less then 24 hours of communication about the absence. The only person who can excuse a student from a scheduled rehearsal is myself. We chat with students about this; I just want to make sure you are all aware that a student texting their friend to tell another student to tell me they forgot they had an appointment isn’t an excused absence 🙂
5. As of right now we are so excited we feel we are in a position to safely move forward with live-in person performances of Mamma Mia; and we all know COVID may change our best laid plans.
6. One of the ways we are trying to do our part to keep students safe AND protect the show is by having understudies for the seven main female roles. In the best case scenario, these understudies will perform ONE of the shows during the second week of the show. In the event that a student lead needs to be quarantined or step away from the show the understudy will move forward with the role. This will be the first show in my time at La Salle that we will have the opportunity to have understudies so we are really excited about the educational aspect of this. We are grateful to help model for the students the structure of theater at the next level and to hopefully continue to build community through the collaboration and flexibility this type of structure requires.
7. Thank you so deeply everyone. I hope you have a wonderful remainder of the week. We’ll talk more soon. 🙂
PS – Angie will [well…has now,] reach out about parent volunteer opportunities are areas where you can be a part of the magic of this show. It’s going to be spectacular, truly spectacular.
Be safe, take care,