There are very, very few high school students who enjoy all eyes on them – especially when it comes to singing, dancing, or anything else that draws attention to something that could go absolutely wrong.
Fear of failure in front of an audience is something that may have made you pause, but here are a few reasons you should ignore your nerves and JOIN US:
- You’ll make authentic and real friends. The theater program really does draw in students from all walks of life, and they are accepted with open arms. You’ll find confident, shy, talented, not-so-talented, funny, loud, shy and everything in between make up a successful drama production.
- Performing in front of an audience will improve your public speaking. No matter where you end up in life, there’s a good chance communication will be an important part of your career, your relationships, and your well-being. While our performers are practicing this ever-important skill in front of the community, our stage crew works hard together in teams to make the entire production the best it can be.
- Everyone has a story to tell. You just might realize sharing stories is a passion you never knew you had. This time in your life to dig in and dig out everything that makes you, YOU. Storytelling just might be a hidden talent.
- Auditions are NOT that scary! Everyone in the room wants you to succeed. The better you do, the better the experience will be for everyone, so you might be surprised to find auditions are more about connection and chemistry vs. stress to find perfection!
- Think you’re too athletic to show your face in the arts? We’d love to have you sign up to build our sets, or work with the set crew during the show … and we will do our best to work around your sports schedule.
- Make memories. The good, the bad, and the ugly are what make memories that last a lifetime. Joining theater will not only improve your skills, but you’ll have FUN. Isn’t that what extra-curricular activities are all about?!